3M Thinsulate SM600L Insulation
- More sound absorbing qualities than the competitors' products.
- Highly efficient but light weight material keeps vehicle weight down.
- Non-woven sound absorbing fibers create a quiet interior.
- 3M SM600L is moisture, mold and mildew resistant.
- Easy to cut so installation is a breeze.
Why Use 3M SM600L?
3M™ Thinsulate™ Acoustic Insulation SM600L absorbs excess noise to provide superior acoustic comfort in all types of vehicles. Use it on instrument panels, parcel trays, pillars, trunk liners, wheel wells, carpet/dashmat, door panels, headliners and many other interior applications.
A Quieter Ride
3M™ Thinsulate™ Acoustic Insulation SM600L absorbs road and cabin noise so that it is quieter in the interior of vehicles, allowing greater comfort to passengers. This automotive acoustic insulation is made from a combination of microfibers that absorb road noise and thicker fibers that provide structure and loft.
How It Works
3M SM600L insulation is a unique non-woven acoustic absorber composed of polyester and polypropylene fibers. These fibers are non-woven in design and attached to a scrim for ease of use.
Reasons Why Automotive Manufacturers Choose 3M™ Thinsulate™ Acoustic Insulation
- Quieter Vehicles - Provides highly efficient acoustic absorption, particularly in middle-to high-frequency ranges.
Lighter Vehicles - Thinsulate SM600L is a vital part of reaching vehicle weight goals
- Easy to Install - Lightweight and easy to handle compared fiberglass, shoddy, felt and PET.
Mold, Mildew and Moisture Resistant - No additional waterproofing layer needed - Just install the insulation, add your finished walls, and you're done. Thinsulate SM600L is resistant to mold and mildew growth, preventing nasty odors.
- Efficient Assembly - Install the insulation using a variety of methods including sonic welding, spray adhesives, double-sided tape or mechanical clips.
Manufacturing Support - Thinsulate acoustic insulation is supported by a global network of 3M experts. Custom die cutting services are available. Just ask.
This acoustic insulation material has a caliper of 42 mm (1 3/4") and a basis weight of 642 gm/m2. Fibers are held in place with a single black scrim.